Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5 - Nice basement floor & Red Sox fans suck!!

These guys really did a nice job pouring our basement floor on a beautiful morning.









Then at the end of the afternoon......about 5 o'clock a semi pulling a flatbed loaded with floor joists and other engineered pieces from Cascade Lumber rolls in. I'm out in the yard with my Echo trimming the high grass on our rental property. No one had called to warn me that this load was showing up. So, I made a quick call to our builder to let him know what was happening and then advised the driver to put the materials on the hillside above our lot. 

This 350 lb. dude with a Red Sox hat hands me an envelope with his paperwork, jumps back into the truck and backs it down the hill on the grass. I asked him how he was planning to unload the material to which he advised that it just rolls off the trailer...which is, of course, pointed downhill. This guy doesn't have much to say and doesn't appear to be very happy.

He proceeds to unstrap 1/2 of the materials on the flatbed and suddenly a whole lot of lumber comes rolling off the trailer, crashing into the turf. The pile scatters as it hits the ground and, of course, I'm wondering what just got damaged in the process.

I do not have my camera at this point and had motioned to Brenda up at the house to bring the camera. She showed up a couple of minutes later with the camera.

Then Chatty Cathy jumps back into the cab and pulls his truck ahead. I'm thinking he is going to reposition the truck and dump the remainder of the load. But he pulls up on the road and drives down to the end of Meadow Court where there is little room to turn around. I can't see him (trees in the way) but somehow he manages to jack-knife the trailer to get turned around and then just drives past us and leaves!!! He just drives off! The seal coated road got damaged by his truck. I hope he didn't do any damage near the houses at the end of our court when he turned around.

I have no idea if the rest of the load was meant for us or someone else. I think the turd was having a bad day and was just too PO'ed. Below you can see our pile of floor joists and beams. It cannot be enough to do our whole house. Stay tuned for the rest of this story tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment