Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Aug 7 - Turns out I'm not crazy. Whew.

Looks like we'll be putting the French slider on the back of the garage. The voting has been positive from anyone that cares - most importantly Brenda.

Here's another shot of where the door will go.

The first shakes went up on the cover of the master bedroom deck.

Lots of plumbing work going on inside the house these past couple of days. Water lines. Shower valves. 

By the end of the week of August 13, the electrical rough in should be done and we'll be ready to insulate the house the week of August 20. We will have all the walls sprayed with open cell foam. The ceilings will get a layer of blown in cellulose. 

We are working on the hardwood flooring purchase. Wood flooring installation is about 8 weeks away before the kitchen cabinets are installed early in October. We are inviting a company from the Indianola/Des Moines area to come and do a final measure.

The kitchen countertop purchase should be finalized on Thursday.

I'm returning a bunch of car siding back to Menards in Ottumwa. I've been staining what I can since last Friday but too many of them either cannot be stained, have damage, shoe marks or nasty knots in the wrong places. I can't believe the condition of some of these boards they tried to pawn off on me. All the rejects are heading back to their yard and I'll be hand picking the replacements.

It was 99 here today. I walked down the hill and back up at least 5 times.


No comments:

Post a Comment