Monday, August 27, 2012

Aug. 27 - Foamed

Today, they applied 5 inches of open cell foam insulation around the sill plate and inside all exterior walls. This adds up to R23.

I was at work early to get the first of my 8 video runs completed (to an exterior basement wall) before they started. The entire house was sealed off and no one else worked during this process. They were there before 7:30 am and left about 2:30 pm.







After the foamers left, I got some staining done on the front porch's cedar trim before supper. I couldn't stain the outside because of the soft ground. The front of the house has a pretty good sized pond after 0.8 inches of rain on Saturday night and Sunday morning.





As soon as it dries up enough, we'll get the gable trim put up. Tom uses his material handler machine to lift Chuck and Randy up to the gable peaks. I'm guessing it will still be to wet tomorrow to allow the machine to get around the house.

I plan to get set up to start painting both garage doors so they can be installed. And, the young man from Lockridge is stopping out tomorrow I'm told. Don't count on Brenda inviting him in for a cup of coffee. Hopefully, we'll get an update on the arrival of our last French slider and the brick mold from Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment