Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sept. 4 - Heating contractor starts work

Brenda and I spent a lot of time over the weekend choosing tile for some of the floors and our bathrooms. It takes a lot of time to pick this stuff out and get it right. Another 4 hour session with a salesperson in Des Moines. We have a materials list provided by a tile installation man who is ready to start later this month.

We also shopped for carpet while we were in Des Moines and are getting closer to that decision.

The word is that Lockridge will deliver the first drywall tomorrow in preparation for the start of drywalling next Monday.

Late this morning, Moorman Heating & Cooling showed up to start their work that needs to be completed before we drywall.

Tom and Chuck installed more cedar trim on the front entry posts and the deck posts today. I was right behind them staining the cedar. I quit just before dark. Had a good time listening to tunes out on the deck while staining. Staining cedar is time consuming to get it covered with 2 coats. I also stained all the cedar 4x4's that will soon be deck railing. I hope this is the last day we see 90+ degrees this summer.

I was really concerned that I was going to have to buy a new camera. That's why there have not been too many pics lately. My Sony was having trouble. But after a good cleaning and sitting for a day, it decided to bounce back this afternoon and is back on the job. This camera has been through a tough test this summer. Good to have in working again.

Trapper spends a lot of time like this during the day. 
He made a good subject for the first pic after my camera came to life again.

Stained posts on front entry. 
Also stained more cedar trim to skirt the bottom of each post (which should go on tomorrow).

One post done. Five and 1/2 to go.


2 comments:

  1. Appealing information you have provided. It gained me more knowledge and idea. Please keep up the good because i like the way you are writing. Thanks!

    Furnace Repair Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staining doesn't sound like fun to me with or without the radio. Good thing you got it done before IA got their butt kicked by the Cyclones :-)

    ReplyDelete